++OPENING DATE:++ 08/17/22
++CLOSING DATE:++ 08/31/22 11:59 PM Central Time
++JOB TYPE:++ Full-time
++LOCATION:++ Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
++DEPARTMENT:++ Sheriff’s Office
Join the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office Central Records unit in the role of a Principal Office Specialist. This position requires flexibility, attention to details, customer service skills, and computer software competence.
*_Location and hours: *_This position is located at Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office at 401 South 4th Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415. This position is subject to seniority bidding the schedule with the work schedule being Monday through Friday and work hours are either 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. or 2:30 pm to 10:30 p.m.
About the position type: This is a full-time, benefit earning position. This position is internally classified as an Office Specialist, Principal. Click ++here++ to view the job classification specification.
Effective September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office, or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
Applicants with convictions are not automatically disqualified. Each case is considered on its individual circumstances and the type of work.
*In this position, you will: *
- Interact in person, over the telephone, or electronically to request, evaluate and screen a broad range of requests for information; explain a variety of requirements, policies, and procedures regarding services; resolve various customer concerns and issues regarding service and policies.
- Analyze, resolve, and notify people of action taken regarding difficult problems and concerns.
- Perform project work including maintenance of data requests, information forms template lists, schedules, and recording of access statistics.
- Input, export, and modify information and data stored in computerized systems; assist other users with problems associated with computer software; generate reports; develop formal training and/or coordinate training of users on the use of computerized systems and programs.
- Assist with filling out forms; verify information on forms and other documents for completeness and accuracy prior to processing.
- Record and update information (including complex financial data) in a variety of formats.
- Write, prepare, and proofread specialized correspondence, lists, reports, and other standard office documents; develop forms and/or assist with revision.
- Participate, plan, or coordinate specific departmental projects and activities.
- Redact information from client files as required for proper use and disclosure of protected client information.
- Provide training on record management procedures and problem-solving assistance on issues related to manual and automated records systems.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Three or more years of office clerical experience.
- 30 months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training ++program++ or Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training ++program++.
- A combination of office clerical experience and post high school education, totaling 3 years or more (3 semester credits = 1 month).
*Nice to have: *
- Interacting with the public with tact and discretion.
- Handling confidential information and documents
- Providing excellent customer service and responding to questions in person and over the phone for internal and external customers.
- Working with computers, specifically Microsoft Office applications, Record Management Systems, APEX e-Learning, and PS Portals.
- Ability to:
- Handle multiple problems and work independently with minimal direction.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Conduct oneself professionally and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Meet deadlines and produce accurate work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
*_About the department: *_The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office serves the county’s 1.2 million residents. State law mandates most of the sheriff’s office duties, including managing the county jail, providing security to the district court, and patrolling the waterways in the county. The Sheriff’s Office also runs specialized initiatives like Criminal Information Sharing and Analysis (CISA), Violent Offender Task Force (VOTF), Crime Scene Investigation, Criminal Investigation, Community Outreach, and Employee Wellness. The mission of the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office is: Serving and protecting all in our community by furthering equal justice, safety and wellness.
About Hennepin County: Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at ++www.hennepin.us/employees++.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.