Whether you’re a fresh graduate trying to land your dream job or an experienced worker looking for new opportunities, job searching can be a tedious process. Driving to multiple locations for interviews can be time consuming, not to mention the long wait for job application responses that can take up to WEEKS!
Determined to ease your job search, Monster Malaysia is organising a virtual career fair for job seekers to explore various job opportunities and interact directly with recruiters, all in one place!
We’re talking about none other than the Monster Virtual Career Fair happening this 7th to 11th March 2022!
Check out how job seeking is made easier, better, and faster through this career fair!
1. Visit virtual booths & get hired through on-the-spot interviews
In order to keep everyone safe, the Monster Virtual Career Fair will be set in an immersive 3D environment, where job seekers can visit virtual booths of different companies and interact directly with top recruiters without leaving home. How convenient!
Better yet, you can even have on-the-spot interviews with recruiters and land your dream job immediately if selected! However, due to the overwhelming number of applications, you might receive your confirmation days after the interview so don’t be discouraged!
Other than interacting with recruiters, job seekers are also free to socialize with each other in the Networking Lounge. Through the Public Chat feature, job seekers can share their thoughts and grow their professional networks too.
2. Conduct a field-specific job search
Job searching has never been easier! This career fair will focus on three different fields, namely:
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
- Information Technology (IT)
That said, job seekers can conduct field-specific job searches by discovering the latest employment opportunities across all levels in their desired industries.
Once you’ve decided to apply for jobs, you can submit your profile conveniently to any employer of your choice via the CV DropBox at the different booths!
3. Connect with top-notch companies
Monster Virtual Career Fair will be featuring Malaysia’s top companies that are currently looking for fresh talents! Besides seeking job opportunities, you can also expand your career network by fostering long-term connections with some of the top companies in Malaysia.
Here are just a few of the revered companies that you’ll be able to find at this career fair:
- HSBC Bank
- Public Bank
- RHB Bank
4. Listen & learn from industry leaders
Don’t miss out on the golden opportunity to gain valuable insights from industry leaders! Regardless of whether or not you’re in search of a new job, their live sharing sessions are bound to broaden your perspective on your professional journey.
Below are some of the insightful live sessions that you shouldn’t miss:
- Career Guidance Sessions by Career Experts (7th-11th March, 6pm-6.30pm)
- Whether you’re looking to improve your resume writing skills or to ace job interviews, the career guidance sessions are bound to expand your perception! Join these sessions to learn from experts like Samaur Choudhary, HR Business partner at AirAsia Digital, and Annastasia Karen, Head Talent Acquisition Asia at Lear Corporation.
- The Way of Work @ Cognixus: From Farm Idea To Table Cloud (7 March, 12-1pm)
- If you ever wondered what it’s like to work in Cognixus, this live session is for you! Mr. Ng Jiunn Jye, the Chief Software Architect of Cognixus, will be speaking on the company’s working environment, culture, and more in detail.
- RHB Graduate Programme (8 Mar, 3-4pm)
- Are you a fresh graduate seeking to land your first job? Look no further! RHB Bank representative, Nadiah binti Johari, will be introducing the RHB Graduate Programme in this live session. Join the session to discover more career opportunities in RHB!
- Stay Calm & ROCK Your Interview (9 Mar, 2-3pm)
- Many of us feel extremely nervous prior to job interviews. But did you know that there are effective ways to calm those pre-interview nerves? Hear from Dell’s Talent Acquisition Team in this live session, where they will share their insights on how to keep calm and ace any job interview!
- Employer Edition: Why Hire Athletes (10 Mar, 12-1pm)
- This session is specially conducted for employers and HR professionals. Shalin Zulkifli, the Head of Career at the M.A.C.E Division, National Sports Council of Malaysia, will be sharing the reasons why athletes should be hired. FYI, Shalin Zulkifli is also a five-time World Champion who ranked first in Asia! Don’t miss out on her inspiring talk!
Other than the live sessions shared above, there are still many more insightful talks and webinars for participants to join! However, do note that all candidates will have to register for the event in order to view the complete agenda.
So what’re you waiting for? Sign up for the Monster Virtual Career Fair below!
Only registered participants will be able to experience this virtual fair, so be sure to sign up here:
- Recurring Monster Malaysia users: Visit the Monster Malaysia website, click ‘LOGIN’ and enter your email address.
- New Monster Malaysia users: Visit the Monster Malaysia website, click ‘REGISTER’ and create a Monster Malaysia account.
Additionally, before attending the virtual career fair, be sure to check off the to-do list below:
- Update your resume: Make sure it reflects your latest details, experience, and qualifications.
- Dress appropriately: Build a professional image, as you might be invited to video calls or virtual interviews.
- Double-check your personal details: Click on ‘Edit Profile’ to check your personal details written in your Monster Malaysia profile. This is to ensure that recruiters can reach you.
- Research about your preferred companies: Select the ‘Company Booths’ icon and read up on the company’s background and the available job listings.
- Master the virtual world through these navigations:
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button to submit your job application.
- Select the ‘Talk To Us’ tab at the corner of the virtual booths to interact with recruiters.
- Click on the ‘Auditorium‘ icon to attend the live sharing sessions hosted by industry leaders.
And that’s about it! Now that you’re fully prepared for new job opportunities, what are you waiting for? Register for Monster Virtual Career Fair now!
What’s your favourite aspect about Monster Virtual Career Fair? Let us know in the comment section below!