Position Title Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to Digital Marketing Manager
Sydney Film Festival (SFF) is one of the longest running events of its kind in the world. Each year the Festival brings the best new local and international films to audiences in Sydney. As well as premiering features from over 60 countries, SFF screens short films, Australian films, documentaries and archive titles. The Festival hosts a number of awards to recognize excellence in filmmaking, including the Official Competition, Dendy Awards for Australian Short Films, (which are Academy Award eligible) and Documentary Australia Foundation Documentary Prize.
Sydney Film Festival, now going into its 68th year, occurs 8 – 19 June 2022 at locations across the Sydney CBD, Cremorne, Randwick and Inner West. The Travelling Film Festival (TFF) operates all year, taking weekend festivals to venues across regional NSW, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Marketing Team is responsible for the successful promotion of all aspects of the Festival, including films, program strands and non-film events. It carries the primary responsibility for achieving sales and attendance targets and runs all advertising, publicity, promotional and ticketing activity for SFF, the TFF and related corporate areas including Development and Philanthropy.
We’re seeking a Digital Marketing Coordinator to expand digital engagement with SFF. You will use your exceptional writing and digital skills to manage the daily social media calendar, execute social media campaigns, and build, send and track the Festival’s eNews, under the guidance of the Digital Marketing Manager. We’re looking for an ambitious, analytical, and results-driven individual who is happy to work in a highly collaborative team and implement digital marketing campaigns.
Daily tasks range from overseeing social media engagement and responding to customer enquiries, to data entry and liaising with marketing professionals, web and social media agencies, design agencies and production partners.
The successful applicant will enjoy working in a busy environment and be able to juggle multiple tasks concurrently. This is a pressurised, time sensitive role that requires a full range of digital and editorial skills, the capacity to liaise with SFF partners and coordinate material within SFF.
- Consult Google Analytics Dashboard to report on key data and statistics daily
- In consultation with the Digital Marketing Manager, execute a Digital Marketing Strategy for social media
- Report on and analyse online marketing campaigns including organic and paid search, email, affiliate, display and social
- Use data to gain insights into website performance and provide ideas on how to increase our audience size and engagement with our audience
- Write and create content for social media, including video and image content where necessary
- Manage multiple Marketing Interns who will assist with social and digital channels
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- 3+ years experience with social media at a business to create/promote and manage campaigns
- Demonstrable experience managing customer communications through social media channels
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment, with competing priorities and deadlines
- Good understanding of multi-channel content environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have advanced English written and verbal skills and be able to adapt writing to suit the tone of voice of SFF as well as the ability to proofread and edit copy
- A flexible attitude to working hours, especially around launch and the Festival period
- Relevant qualifications in Communications, Marketing Journalism or a similar discipline.
- An interest in film and the film industry
- Previous experience working in events in the arts or a cultural organisation.
- Experience using WordPress and Mailchimp
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc)
- A good working knowledge of Sydney, with reference to arts organisations and online audiences